Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 2...today was our day for exploring Chicago. We took the Architecture River tour.  This is a great way to see the different architecture styles of the buildings and a very relaxing way to see Chicago highlights.  We then hopped on a water taxi and went to the Sears Tower for a tour.  We went to the 103rd floor.  Wow what a spectular view.  After spending the day in down town Chicago we are tired and excited about starting our Rt. 66 trip tomorrow morning.

Dinner tonight was a bucket of KFC and a couple of glasses of wine. Not as fancy as last night but exactly what we wanted.

Got a call from David and he is in Chicago and will be meeting up with us in the morning to start the drive to Mike's in Iowa.

More to come.....






1 comment:

  1. Hello, Laurene. My name is Lynna Guevara. I met Steve through Parker Hannifin as I work for one of their vendors, Redman Industries. Steve and Kevin, the owner of Redman, often talked cars and Steve passed on info about your upcoming adventure. So, I poked my little nose in to "come along for the ride."

    I just wanted to let you know how much I look forward to reading about your journey each day. I catch myself smiling as I read as it just sounds like such a wonderful time!! (I loved the idea of a bucket of chicken and a couple glasses of wine. What a sweet way to start!)

    I've never followed a blog before, so this has truly been a treat! Especially to have pictures to go along with you daily posts.

    What an incredible vacation!! Enjoy!!

    Lynna

    ReplyDelete